Geo-Océan is part of European Institute for Marine Studies (IUEM), and a member of the UBO benefiting from the status of Earth Sciences Observatory (OSU) attached to the National Institute of Universal Sciences (INSU).
Geo-Ocean is six research groups...
- Marine Hazards (ALMA)
- Analyses, Remote sensing, Instrumentation, Sampling, Observation & Data (ANTIPOD)
- Sedimentary Archives, Transferts, Paleo-Environment (ASTRE)
- Bio-Chemical Cycles and Resources (CYBER)
- Geodynamics, Deep-surface Interactions (GIPS)
- Observation and Dynamics of Nearshore and Coastal Systemss (ODYSC)
..... all inter-related through their scientific projects and activities
- Marine aggregates, Deep-sea mineral resources, Extension of the continental shelf.
- The National Observation Service Dynalit, Indian Ocean sites equipped with hydroacoustic instruments, and the MoMAR project.